Get Your Business Prepared for Flood Damage
A devasting flood might be the furthest thing from your mind when it comes to the lively hood of your thriving business. Flooding is one of the most common and widespread of all-natural disasters. It continues to grow in frequency and severity.
Don’t let your company fall victim due to an ill-prepared emergency plan. Businesses are more likely to flood than burn down, so it is vital to prepare now. Resources specific to your industry are essential to planning the success of your preparedness in the event of a disaster, as is staff training. A well-educated staff can prevent confusion and eliminate risks to employees and property in the event of a disaster.
The Basics To A Flood Action Plan
Start prepping for quick response times. Dedicate personnel to be in charge of monitoring man-made possibilities, and have an NOAA Weather Radio or other news resources for natural events. Get a disaster supply kit that includes essential items like medical supplies. It should also include food and water to last everyone at least three days. Disaster training at work should likewise instruct employees on preparing their own kit in the event they have to shelter-in-place for 24 hours. Ready.gov offers the resource of a printable and online list.
All employees should be aware of your disaster-specific evacuation and emergency response procedures. Assign key employees (and backup personnel) to tasks such as the emergency shut-down of equipment and power sources, and performing a roll-call. Drills to have these skills stick and uncover potential issues should be regularly performed. All emergency action plans need to be reviewed and updated daily. You should then provide all employees with paper copies of plans and a list of significant telephone numbers.
Have A Ready Action Plan
A Ready Action Plan or RAP is a new web-based disaster planning application that allows easy access to company documents, continuity plans, emergency vendors, and critical building information. When disaster strikes, having the right information can make all the difference. You can complete your RAP in five easy steps!
- Build your profile online. Log into the system using your own private credentials and begin to form the foundation of your profile. You can upload your floor plans, highlight critical building functions, and emergency contact information.
- Digitally document critical building systems such as gas valves, electrical panels, and water mains.
- Create a photo library to have records of the condition of your property in pre-loss condition can save you time, money, and better prepared for insurance claims.
- RAP training is easy to navigate! Access RAP YouTube training videos to guide you through the process and get your team and building ready for any disaster.
- Now you are ready to start taking advantage of all the RAP system has to offer. building maintenance, document damages, and property repairs.
Are you interested in joining in on the RAP program? Contact Brookstone Restoration at 205-436-2680 or [email protected]
Those participating in the cleanup are at an enhanced risk of injury and illness due to exposure to debris and contaminated water. Water, mold, and bacteria proliferation will increase within each hour that it is left unaddressed. Rapid remediation is essential.
Do you have a trusted water damage and mold remediation professional as part of your flood plan? The experts at Brookstone Restoration can help you get back up and running fast. Contact us today.